Sample Job Description for a Sales Associate
Written By: Rob Halvorsen
Sales Careers Online Contributing Writer
The following is a Sample Job Description for a Sales Associate. The use this material is free provided copyright is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the www.salescareersonline.com web site.
Job Description: Sales Careers Online
Title: Sales Associate
Department: Sales Division - San Francisco, California
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager - San Francisco, California
Responsible for all sales activities, from lead generation through close in an assigned territory. Develops and implements agreed upon Marketing Plan which will meet both personal and business goals of expanding customer base in the marketing area. Works within the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values.
- Responsible for the sales of professional online recruiting services tailored exclusively to the sales and marketing industry.
- Demonstrates technical selling skills and product knowledge in all areas listed above that allows Sales Associate to give effective presentation of SalesCareerOnline.coms Sales Recruiting System.
- Develops annual business plan in conjunction with Sales Manager, which details activities to follow during the fiscal year, which will focus the Sales Associate on meeting or exceeding sales quota.
- Complete understanding of pricing and proposal models.
- Demonstrates the ability to carry on a business conversation with business owners and decision makers.
- Maximizes all opportunities in the process of closing a sale resulting in the taking of market share from larger competitors.
- Sells consultatively and makes recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers to their business issues.
- Develops a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, face to face cold calling on business owners, direct mail, email, and networking.
- Assists in the implementation of company marketing plans as needed.
- Creates and conducts effective proposal presentations and RFP responses that identify prospects business problems, the effects of the problems, and the SalesCareersOnline.com solutions to their problems.
- Responsible for sourcing and developing client relationships and referrals.
- Responsible for identifying and building effective Centers of Influence Network with Sales Recruiters and other professionals to maximize revenue.
- Demonstrates the ability to gather, submit detailed business information for underwriting, pricing, and presentation of solutions to identified prospects' business problems.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory, including the use of Microsoft Outlook to maintain accurate records to maximize territory potential.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Participates and contributes to the development of educational programs offered to clients, prospects and company employees.
Relationships and Roles:
Internal / External Cooperation
- Maintain contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of Client Satisfaction.
- Demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments.
- 2-5 years of experience in sales in the recruiting industry.
- Experience with enterprise software solutions and large, complex organizations.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of Supplier Relationship Management.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Willingness to travel and work in a global team of professionals.
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas.
Previous >> Sales Associate Job Description
Get more Sales Articles, Sales Tips, and FREE Sales Training at our new Sales Blog