Marketing Manager Job Description Sample
Written By: Rob Halvorsen
Sales Careers Online Contributing Writer
The following is a Marketing Manager Job Description Sample. The use of this material is free provided copyright is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the www.salescareersonline.com web site.
Job Description: Sales Careers Online
Title: Marketing Manager
Department: Marketing Division - Los Angeles, California
Reports to: Vice President - New York, New York
Responsible for developing and maintaining marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives. Evaluates customer research, market conditions, competitor data and implements marketing plan changes as needed. Oversees all marketing, advertising and promotional staff and activities.
- Responsible for the marketing of professional online recruiting services tailored exclusively to the sales and marketing industry.
- Demonstrates technical marketing skills and product knowledge of SalesCareerOnline.coms Sales Recruiting System.
- Develops annual marketing plan in conjunction with sales department, which details activities to follow during the fiscal year, which will focus on meeting organizational objectives.
- To manage the Marketing Department Budget. Delivery of all marketing activity within agreed budget. Direction of marketing staff where budgets are devolved.
- To manage all aspects of print production, receipt and distribution.
- The achievement of frequent, timely and positive media coverage for Sales careers Online and its programs across all available media.
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for Sales Careers Online product lines.
Relationships and Roles:
Internal / External Cooperation
- Demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments.
- 4-6 years of sales experience in the marketing industry.
- Experience with enterprise software solutions and large, complex organizations.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of developing and maintaining marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Willingness to travel and work in a global team of professionals.
- Proven ability to oversees all marketing, advertising and promotional staff and activities.
Previous >> Marketing Manager Job Description
Get more Sales Articles, Sales Tips, and FREE Sales Training at our new Sales Blog